1.13.2012

missionary discussions with coworker {update}

remember my blessing in disguise post? Here is an update!

Given our busy schedules its been difficult for Lisa and I to meet outside of work and have more discussion with the missionaries. We've stayed in contact through email and gone to lunch occasionally. Its fun to catch up with her but over time I stopped asking her religious questions..unless I needed to clear up another Mormon rumor. The Elders never contacted me to meet with her again, even after I took her to church. But we got new Sister missionaries and they are great!!! Every week they would text me and see if they could meet up with Lisa.

Finally after the holidays I was able to have them over for dinner tonight and we had a great discussion over pizza :) (I rarely have the car cause of Scotts rotation so I had to order pizza.. whatev they loved it) Lisa come prepared with her insightful questions and brought the Gospel Principles book that I gave her at church. She said she had read it cover to cover and loved it! Everything made sense to her. She loved how everything was explained in a way that didn't "beat around the bush." It was simple and beautiful to her. Her main question for the missionaries was about our concept on the war in heaven and how the Savior became the Savior. We also talked about Joseph Smith and how he got the plates. She had questions about the "dark skinned" and we clarified that it was the Native Americans. I bore my testimony on the fact that being L.D.S isn't just my religion but that its my life. I explained more about callings and everyones role in the organization of our church and she loved our definition of the term "active."

Even though Scotty and I sacrificed our Friday night date night it was worth the spirit that we felt in our apartment tonight. I was scared she might be too much for our new sister missionaries but everyone got along great.  I love discussing the gospel with those who respect our views. Even though I don't think Lisa will be converted anytime soon its been fun to plant a little seed. Who knows who she is going to meet through her life that will have a misconception on Mormons.. and now she can set all of the straight!! I feel blessed to be that example in her life and look forward to more open discussions in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

{please comment so we know you have stopped by}