{change is always hard}
So even though its been a couple days since all this drama went down I still feel that I need to vent about it. Maybe it will help remind myself to not get so work up at the beginning of problems until I see how they play out or maybe it will help remind myself that I need to embrace change. That being said, a lot has changed at my work.
Long story short- a month ago my coworker and I announced to our clinic that we were both preg. Of course it came to shock to most that we were both preg at the same time.. but all were extremely happy for us, except the doctor we work for. She is a biotch (sorry, but there are no other words to describe her bio polar, entitled persona) So she didn't talk to us for a week... literally not one word. How rude, right? But expected. She did however say some really disrespectful things about my coworkers preg situation. So she went to our manager, who went to HR, who went above to the president of MCW and they took the comments very seriously- and for good reason.. who says such unethical crap in a work environment?! While she was out for 2 weeks on her yatch in St. Croix, they put my coworker in another dept. Crazy fast change. Although she got on my nerves at times, she was my bff here. Now I have to take on all her responsibilities and deal with the awkwardness of this doctor. At first they weren't going to give me her title as and Admin Assistant but yet make me do all her work... um no. Thats where all the drama really started for me. I already feel so taken advantage here. I fought it for days until they finally agreed that its only fair to give me the title and the pay!!! So in the end it worked out in my favor.. although I'm super busy now I at least get the pay and respect that I deserve. Its hard to get used to her being gone and having all the responsibilities but in the end it worked out better for both of us. I know I'm blessed to even have a job like mine and I need to stop being so negative and just deal. On the bright side I'm getting the heck out of here in 5 months... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
{please comment so we know you have stopped by}