since the hubs wouldn't dare write on "our" blog and since all I want to post about is pregnancy I thought I would take a sec to update about what scotty has been up too lately. He is in the last half of his 3rd year... in the hardest of the rotations or what they call the "big 3" (Medicine, Surgery, Peds... each one is about 2 months long). He just finished up the first month of Medicine at the VA and is going to start the second month at Froedtert tomorrow. We hated the VA because of the inconsistent hours. I don't care if he has to be on call as long as I know when he will be home. There would be some nights when he thought he would get back around 5 but not come home until 11:00! So I would sit around waiting... without a car. Super frustrating. It all depended on his patients that day and how generous the resident or attendee would be. I've heard that scotty had the worst experience out of the other students out here... which means I should get some kind of prize as the wife for this past month. He has learned that he does not want to be an internal medicine doc... he would rather fix then treat a problem and not spend 3/4 of his time doing paperwork. But its great experience for him! He has until August to decide what he wants to be when he grows up. Orginially he was thinking of being an ortho surgeon but is currently debating between emergency med and anesthesiology. Although these next four months are going to be hard I'm thankful for a husband who still takes the time to make sure I'm doing ok. He always asks if he can do anything for me and I keep telling him its his turn to hold the baby...
Since he wasn't on call over the weekend we took full advantage of a full saturday together and drove down to gurnee mills outlet mall in IL. (I tried to convince him that we should be spontaneous and take the 5 hr down to the Mall of America...maybe next time lol) It was so nice to walk around all day :) I finally got my jamba juice and was able to use gift cards for some shopping! Funny story... we hit up mcdonalds on the way back and I saw this kid talking to scotty while he was refilling his drink and I thought he said "I'm really glad your here" and scotty said "thanks"... so I started laughing on the way out only to find out he really said "I really like your hair" haha first of all- what guy says that to another guy?? So now our inside joke is...
"I'm really glad your here"
| finally :) my homemade smoothies are just not the same... so delish! |
| of course we had to go to 7eleven since wisco is lame and doesn't have them |
No comments:
Post a Comment
{please comment so we know you have stopped by}