Speaking of blah I need to vent about my day/life. First off don't get me wrong I am so grateful that I have a sweet job and do love working.. it keeps me busy out here and I feel good that I am providing while I can. But...i work with the queen of all F bomb queens. I love her but I don't love her language. I'm not joking when I say I hear the f word every twenty minutes. Its usually the first word I hear coming out of her mouth first thing in the morning. If its not the f word its any other swear word you can think of.. all day, every day, all week long! You have to keep in mind that even though I'm chill, I came from a very conservative environment and if you know me at all I hate swearing. (When scotty and I were newly married I literally made him put a quarter in a jar every time he swore ha!) I'm not all molly mormon and don't get offended easily its just I hate swearing for no good reason. Sure I get it when you stub your toe and it slips out OR you get in a car accident/ speeding ticket and your fumed. Or any other LeGit reason to be ticked. But just to swear to swear makes me cringe. Like physically my back tenses up and I get a look of disgust on my face. Not cool, ever. So back to my coworker... I know your thinking "just tell her, her language is not appropriate for work" its not that easy people! I've been here for almost a year and that has gotten me no where. I can ignore most of it but it totally wears on me and by the end of the day/week I am in a weird mood not to mention I swear all the time in my head now. There is just so much you can do before the outside world just gets to ya. I can avoid R movies and bar scenes but I can't avoid work. Here's the unfortunate part- I work in this gorgeous new cancer building, with an amazing view but I've learned that no matter how fabulous your environment is.. the mood is set by the people who you are with. But don't worry I'll continue to remind her and I'll continue to keep positive no matter how many f's I hear... if I don't go crazy and quit on the spot. Wish me luck.
Hi, I cannot believe that this girl can get away with swearing like that at work!?? Maybe it's different outside of Utah...I don't know. I know where your coming from though. My guy swears a lot and it still drives me crazy after 2 years. I understand how you feel. Could you talk to someone else at work about it? See how they feel and offer suggestions? I just cannot believe she can swear like that at work....I'm floored! Glad I get to read your blog...very cute :)
ReplyDeleteHey em! Thanks for the support! Its getting ridiculous at my work... I've actually work at two different jobs out here and I've run into the same kinda people. It must be an outside of utah thing that I'm just not used too. I've talked to my manager (stressing that not only am I uncomfortable but our patients can sometimes hear the language). But nothing has been done. I'm really starting to miss that about ut!
ReplyDeleteSorry you have to put up with it with your man too- At lest we can vent together :) I'm glad we can be blog friends and catch up!
Good luck with that. It's especially frustrating because you don't want them to think it's "just because you're a Mormon" - when the fact is, it's straight up unprofessional! We have a couple of doctors here that drop the F bomb all the time. I can't help but think, "Really? You are so educated, but you can't think of a filler-word for that?" So annoying! Luckily for me it isn't always like that and my co-workers (nearly all non-members) don't swear around me - if they do they apologize profusely. Hopefully something can change over at your office :(
ReplyDelete