For the past couple weeks this boy was in perfect position.. head down and ready to go. I felt very uncomfortable with all the lower pressure but assured that I knew how my baby was growing in my belly. Yesterday I went to my now monthly OB appts and found out that he flipped back and is now breech. I could tell something was up over the weekend. I just have felt super exhausted, my belly looked different, and I was getting beat up with his legs kicking down and his head pressing up against my ribs. When my OB was feeling my belly she said "Oh yeah this is that baby I can never tell where he is cause he is always moving around!" She didn't seem surprised that he was in a different position but she was worried that since he is getting bigger it might be harder for him to flip back down. So we are going to give him until next week and if he hasn't settled down that she is going to try and turn him (sounds so painful).. if she can't physically turn him then I'll go in at 39 weeks and she will try again- if he does flip then she will induce labor and if he doesn't then I'll go right in for a c-section.
I was super emotionally yesterday. I really don't want a c-section (correction: I dont have to have an emergency c-section). I want everything to happen naturally. I don't want to force him down, I want him to move on his own. I want it to be like what I've visualized in my head for the past 9 months. I'm coming to the reality that this ideal plan might not happen the way I've imagined. If he stays breech- or even if they flip him next week and he flips back- I will have to have a c-section. The anxiety of these last weeks is really weighing on me now.
I spent the afternoon walking the mall to try and clear my head and get some exercise. The distraction helped. After pray and talking with my family I've taken some deep breaths and I'm staying positive. I googled some ways to help turn a breech baby... this is what I'll be working on for the next week!
-visualize baby moving down
-pelvic tilt (hurts and makes me nauseous since I have no room for him pressing up on my chest)
-cold compress on top of uterus (maybe while taking a warm bath or during pelvic tilt)
-heat, music, or light at pelvic bone
-talking to baby
-Webster Technique (I made an appt to discuss this with a recommended chiropractor for early next week)
-Reiki (mainly to help me relax and visualize better. I have an appt with my good friend Ali for next Weds)
-swimming (I wish my friends pools were open! I thinking of getting a week pass at the gym and try and go every night)
- Cat/Cow yoga position (3-4 times/day)
I wish I could just stop working now and just focus on getting this baby to flip. Sitting all day does not help and just makes my anxiety worse. As of now my last day of work is June 8... that may change to June 1 depending on how this baby is doing by then.
So sorry Chels! Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteEverything will turn out great- he'll be here so soon!
ReplyDelete