I've been in my nesting phase and anxiously making sure we have everything we'll need yet still live on our budget. I'm so excited to be a stay at home mom but at the same time I'm super nervous about not having an income. Very overwhelming. Work has been super frustrating lately (hence my lack of time to blog). They finally hired someone who will start the end of May so I'll have a couple weeks to train her before I go on maternity leave! I'm going to try and work up until my due date.. that is if I can keep walking to and from here!
Scotty survived his surgery rotation (which is one of the hardest of the big 3) and is now starting his peds inpatient rotation month at Childrens. The past month was rough. He woke up super early and got home late- depending on the surgery schedule. He had 24 hr overnight on calls, so I wouldn't see him for days. He worked weekends and it was sad to not have him at church on Sundays. He had an important shelf exam to study for so he was crazy busy even when he was home. I was supportive 80% of the time and a sensitive preggo neglected wife the other 20%. But we made it through. This month should be a little less stressful but still some late nights. He is on the purple team and is excited about who he will be working with even though I'm sure it will be difficult seeing what he sees in pediatrics. He always thanks for me for being pregnant every day and makes sure I'm ok.. super cute. Although I could go for some more back/foot massages... He tries his best to be supportive and accommodating. I know he hasn't gotten the best of sleep either with all my tossing and turning. He tries to get his "pregnancy time" in every night and talk to the baby and play him music and feel him move around. He said its starting to feel more real to him since I've been getting bigger and the movements have been a lot stronger. Crazy that in two months we are going to have a baby and he will be a 4th year medical student. One more year!! I need to make a list of things we still need to do before we (hopefully) move... like go to the cranberry fields and tour the packers stadium. Although this semester has been tough, we've really made the most of life out here and enjoyed this adventure together.
No comments:
Post a Comment
{please comment so we know you have stopped by}