I've been working at the Skin Cancer Center for 2 years now... its been the longest full-time job I've ever had and time has gone by so fast. cray cray. I remember when I first started and heard "she is the cute mormon girl who wont be with us long cause her husband is in med school" well ladies I lasted 1 year longer then you expected and its going be sad to say goodbye soon! Even though it hasn't been my dream job and coming to the reality that I wouldn't be a child life specialist/using my degree right now has been very difficult.. I have been very blessed here. I feel proud to have been able to support my family and live off what I made for the past 3 years while my husband was living his dream of becoming a doctor. Even though it wasn't ideal for me- it was an easy sacrifice for many reasons 1. I could walk to work since we only have one car 2. I only work for one doctor so my hours were very flexible and I was able to go on a lot of vaca's throughout the last couple years which helped save my sanity 3. the pay was great for the work I was doing and we had great benefits 4. I was able to blog/read/eat/whatev and was never stressed out at the end of the day which made for a happy wife 5. I became close friends with some of my coworkers which helped immensely during the hard months when I lost a husband to med school 6. I was able to wear scrubs/yoga pants... =no extra money spent on work clothes and comfy during pregnancy! 7. I had an amazing view with lots of windows, very peaceful/clean environment to work in 8. it was a derm surg clinic and we only saw like 20 patients a day=super easy and chill. For those, and many more reasons, I will be sad to say goodbye- my last day will be June 8. Even though I have slight anxiety about transitioning into being a stay at home mom and not being on my normal selfish sched I am so excited for this next chapter in my life. Since the doc is out for the next couple weeks and we don't have clinic, they threw me a surprise baby shower :) I saw these ladies more then I saw my husband in the last couple years and I am so blessed to have their love and support.
No comments:
Post a Comment
{please comment so we know you have stopped by}