8.27.2011

I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints


Scotty and I woke up early this morning to volunteer at the Food Bank for a church service project. When we got there we saw a large group of people chatting and excited to serve. We waited around for a little bit until we found out that the Food Bank had the wrong date scheduled for us to come... Total bummer- I was really looking forward to it! What I saw next were true examples of Christ- instead of just going back to bed and returning to their lives, they all thought of other ways we could serve. We starting calling people and coming up with a list of different projects. It felt good to be surrounded by such good people and really helped me stop focusing so much on myself and to think of others. There are opportunities for me to serve someone else each day and have a greater appreciation for people who show service to me and the blessings in my life.
Josh and Scotty

I'm so grateful to be apart of something that is bigger then myself. I love how I feel after I serve :)

If you want to learn more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints visit our main site and check out some Mormon messages on YouTube/MormonMessagesor feel free ask me

No comments:

Post a Comment

{please comment so we know you have stopped by}