weekend recap {Minus pics}
I know a post isn't the same without some pics but unfortunately I didn't take any... total regret cause I need to be better at documenting.
I know a post isn't the same without some pics but unfortunately I didn't take any... total regret cause I need to be better at documenting.
Friday I went on our wards overnight youth retreat to the Blue Harbor Resort in Sheboygan (about an hour north). We had a blast at the water park, eating tons of goodies, playing mafia past 2am, had a lovely am devotional, and went back to the water park on Saturday. Wisco is famous for their indoor water parks since the winters can be pretty harsh here.. it was sweet, even though I'm preg- it was nice to swim! Given our the uniqueness of our ward boundaries (most our medical or dental students) we have a small youth group so it was fun to have a little getaway and treat them to a special weekend once a year!
I love my yw...they are hilarious :)
I love my yw...they are hilarious :)
My body was pretty exhausted when I got home on Sat so I took a nice nap with the hubs. He was on call over the weekend but got home early both days and didn't get called back in during homecall.. lucky!! He deserved a good break cause he has been so busy lately. That night we went out to dinner and then finished registering at Babies R Us & Target. YAY! So overwhelming. I know we wont get half or more of what we registered for but it was fun to do with the hubs and start preparing more for this baby boy (plus whatever you don't get, you get 15% off if you buy it later... so you know we went scanner happy).
Sunday was def my day of rest. I ended up getting the worst heartburn I have ever experience in the middle of Sat night and was up all night... so painful/uncomfortable. I just felt awful and wasn't able to go to church. Honestly I'm still recovering.This boy is just moving up in life and I'm feeling it. Can't believe its already the middle of March and the weather is already getting warmer. I'm loving the time change so it doesn't get dark as early and we were able to go on a lovely sunday walk after dinner.
prego stat update: I went to my monthly OB f/u appt today... lets just say I've gained a lot more weight then I thought I had LOL I think this lil boy knew he was measuring smaller and wanted to show us up so we wouldnt worry about his growth. Not going lie- it was a shock to see the scale, esp since I still have 3 more months to go. But everything looks perfect and I'm so happy to have a healthy pregnancy. I have to do the glucose test this Thursday... where I chug a sugar drink, fast for a hour, and then get my blood drawn to check diabetes and cbc. Not excited... Wish me luck.
good luck with the glucose test. i almost puked after. See if the doctor will let you eat anything before it. I didn't know I could so I fasted for it and I wished I would have eaten!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to see the little Carver. What size do you want the scrubs? Let me know.
Thanks Jess! Yeah I dont have to fast before, just an hour after I drink it. So ready to get it over with.
DeleteI'm thinking it would be cute around the same time next year. He'll be 9ish months. So maybe slighly bigger then Jax's...