5.10.2011

Miss Jackson {if your nasty}

Yes its true. I saw Janet Jackson in concert!! I know.. I still feel like it was a dream and I have to remind myself that I was actually there. Having two older sisters that were obsessed with Janet I was raised listening to her songs. I just have the fondest memories of my older sisters dancing to rhythm nation, escapade, miss you much, when I think of you, black cat, nasty, if, thats the way love goes... . I was in jr high when velvet rope came out and I remember jamming out to together again, all for you, you dont know what you got til its gone, scream, I get so lonely, again, together again... just to name a few. It was her Number Ones Tour Up Close & Personal.. and it was- we were so close to Janet herself and it was very intimate. No big productions with costume changes or light shows.. just Janet in jeans and a black tank, some back up dances/vocals and her band. She sang all of my favorite songs and we all knew every word. Easily the best concert I have ever seen and its going to be hard to beat the amazingness of that night. Sadly my oldest sis Daycia couldn't come cause she is prego and due in June. My sisters and I had this vacay planned for months so the anticipation of waiting those last couple days to get there almost killed me. But at last I flew in late into sunny Las Vegas... pictures explain the rest









Margaritaville, like 2 am my time. Such a fun night!



I have to post a pic of Rio... I was able to spend the rest of the week in Utah and hangout with my family and see a lot of my friends. It was SO nice to be in my old surroundings and the comfort of home. I meet up with some of my gamma girls at a yogurt shop (the thing in ut is frozen yogurt... froyos are everywhere! delish) I saw my old friend ash, went out to dinner with my ward girls (congrats Mags on your engagement and Mia on being pregs), went out to breakfast with britt and saw her cute baby for the first time, went to rio ago with my bestie cuz Hayley and she (like always) made me laugh so hard over random things, went to a very inappropriate play with my sis and parents.. awkward lol, and spent quality time with my family!, did I mention went shopping and ate out everyday. Even though I missed my hub like crazy it was nice to be able to see everyone and catch up with old friends :) I LOVE going home and forgetting that I have been living in milwaukee for the past two years. Such a needed break.

Goodbye mountains... Its hard to be back but we are almost half way done with med school!

1 comment:

  1. Look at your little bikini body! oww oww! Looks like you had a blast at the concert... I LOVE JANET! I'm really happy you've been posting a lot lately. It's great reading about your life Chels! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

{please comment so we know you have stopped by}