hey blogging world sorry its been awhile (I know I said I would get in the habit of updating more!) but I have some exciting news!... no not that exciting BUT scotty is officially done with his second year of med school :) Its been a rough last couple of months while he was super busy taking his hardest classes he'll ever have to take. For one, he had to learn over 700 drugs for Pharm. and his final was 30 pages & 4 hours long. I don't know how he does it but I am so proud of him for completely the first half with honors and a positive attitude. One of my favorite qualities of scott is his positive personality. He could have had the worst day in lectures, in a creepy cramped room studying for 14 hrs alone, lack of quality food, zero sleep, walking to and from school and still coming home at 11:00pm as happy as can be knowing that he is going to be studying more into the late hours. Sure it might just be him putting on a good face sometimes but I love how he still has the energy to be so optimistic. He will be an amazing doctor one day...
But don't forget about me ;) its hard being a wife of a med student. I know a lot of ya'll can relate. Minus our quick dinner dates on Friday, I hardly ever saw Scott this past semester. Its frustrating being married and not having the perks of married life. Some weeks it felt like I was single except for the occasional time I would be woken up at night to some person snoring in my bed. I don't remember him coming to bed in the late hours of night but for the minutes of me being awake I would realize that I actually had a husband. I ate dinner alone, I went to bed alone, I woke up alone. I can't complain too much (minus living away from home.. If we stayed in Utah this situation would be so much better!!!) I'm lucky to have a job that keeps me busy, a nice gym that fills most nights, being apart of young womens which helps me look forward to planning things, and my wisconsin girls. But life is going to get a little (a little) better now.
Scotty takes the step 1 boards June 18. So talk to me after then, basically the only thing that changes now is he comes home at 9 instead of 11. But hey those 2 hours are better then nothing! I missed my hubs!
I bet that is hard for you...but it will all be worth it one day. I work days and Shaun works nights so we basically see each other for 10 min a day. So, I totally know how you feel. Sometimes I feel like a single mom. Hang in there!
ReplyDelete