5.23.2011

A is for aspire

so I was reading some of my friends blogs and apparently the thing to do is make a post for each letter of the alphabet. Kinda silly but maybe it will help me blog more. I love to vent and give updates to my many followers (hi mom) but every time I get on my blog I draw a huge blank. If i don't have cool pics to add or exciting news, I dont share. I swear my life is not as boring as my same old same old posts make it out to be. So warning: ignore if if it gets annoying but I'm going try it out...

Yesterday one of my cute young women gave her lesson on talents. We went around the room and shared a few talents that we have and some talents we wish we had. Explaining that we were given our talents for a purpose and we need not be envious of others but to share our talents. I feel like this lesson was written for me. I've struggled the last couple years with finding out my talents. For my whole life my identity was based on what I did (soccer player, cheerleader, student, nanny...) But when I moved out here I lost all of that. I am now "a wife of a med student". LAME I can't settle on that... its just not my personality. I know theres a lot more to that statement that I am undermining BUT I have struggled with the lack of talent. I am a very independent person and I don't want my identity based on my husbands. I was having this conversation with scotty last night... he kept asking "well what do you want to be better at" LONG story short- my new goal is to ASPIRE to be a better wife/daughter/sister/friend/coworker ever day. I can't just sit back and complain about my lack of strengths.. instead I have to recognize what I can improve on and focus on getting better. I have a lot of areas in which this can apply.. But its too overwhelming right now to think of something huge (like learning another language) so I am just going to focus on some smaller aspirations... I think I'm pretty hard on myself so I'm going start with being more positive :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

{please comment so we know you have stopped by}