4.04.2011

{birthday weekend}

I can't believe I'm now 24!

Crazy but exciting. I have one good year left in me til I hit my mid 20's..eek. Looking back at this past year I realize that I have grown so much. Time has gone by fast but its important to reflect on the past and how I can make my next year of my life even better. I am so blessed to be surrounded with family and friends that support and love me. Minus being with family...

I had a great weekend :)


My birthday was on a friday this year and I was able to take off work! I slept in, relaxed, got my hair done at a nice salon, scotty took me out to eat at Maggianos (delish), went shopping.. scotty spoiled me- he surprised me with this purse I have been eyeing at this cute boutiquey store Francesca's, and ate my fav icecream cake from baskin robbins. I even stayed up super late to watch friends while scott passed out on the couch (poor guy is so stressed right now with exams coming up.. but I was so happy he spent the whole night with me) I got tons of calls and texts and fbs from friends and family that put a huge smile on my face. It was a fabulous day.


On Sat I spent the day with my girls... Jen and I went shopping and went to the gym. We meet up with Jess and Allison and saw Beastly (hilariously cheesy) That night Danielle and Kelly had planned a hot tub birthday celebration.. It felt so nice to get in my swimsuit and go hot tubing with my girls.. I just love them! The things we end up talking about... girls are hilarious.

We got Katy Perry tickets for summerfest!! Ah.. Can't wait to go to that concert!!


Conference was amazing.. I seriously loved so many of the talks. Right now I can only remember "You can't see the view until you make the climb" "have a 'To Be' checklist'... I am excited to review/read them again. The Jackmans had their traditional Sunday morning conference crepes :) and I spent the rest of the day in my pjs relaxing and listening to the inspired words.


*sorry crappy iphone pic. More pictures to come..

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a fun birthday! Can't wait for more pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh!! i meant to text you on friday. we were driving down to peoria and i totally spaced it. i'm glad you had a wonderful day/weekend. birthdays are the best.
    i think it's great you started blogging. you will want to remember med school through pictures and things you did. 2nd year is almost over. 3rd and 4th year are sooooo much better.

    ReplyDelete

{please comment so we know you have stopped by}