Its been a long week... I thought I would give an update. Scotty just finished his OB rotation and started his Gyno rotation that will last for the next three weeks. The other week I called him while he was studying at the library and he said he was just lookin at vagina's all night {that better be the ONLY time I hear that lol}He has been on 3 over night on calls and I hate it because I can't sleep those nights and I don't see him for days...plus I don't have a car- so there goes my night. Even though he doesn't want to be an OB/GYN doc, he does like the surgical side of this rotation.. he has delivered several babies (vag and c-sections). I told him to get all his practice in with those new moms before he delivers our baby one day, ha. Kinda weird that he knows way more about my body then I do... but its nice to have a smarty hubs. He is exhausted from going to the hospital at 5am every morning and dealing with some arrogant residents. But overall he has really enjoyed being at St. Mary's hospital...
I am ready for Halloween to be over.. bring on Thanksgiving.. and then Christmas!!! Can't wait to see my fam- kinda hope these next couple months go by fast.
Its hard being away from my family these days. Since I work in a skin cancer clinic and see elderly patients I am reminded about my grandpa daily. My poor Grandpa O. isn't doing too... he has a recurrent skin cancer on his eyelid. He had surgery a couple weeks ago and the doctor said they couldn't get all of it so they could either treat it with radiation or just wait for it to eventually take him. He is 95... still going strong. It makes me sad to think that I might not see him again. I keep telling him to wait until Christmas. I'm sure when it inevitably happens I will be in shock because he has stuck around for so many years. My grandpa has not changed since I was little but I've noticed these past year he is walking slower, hunched over more, and doesn't have much energy.. but still is sharp as a tack. Breaks my heart. But I am comforted knowing that he has amazing family (like my mom) that takes such good care of him. I get teary-eyed about it but I'm actually excited for him to be with my grandma again. I know she has been watching over him for years.. I'm sure miss each other like crazy. When Scotty and I got married I asked him for advise and he said "always pray as a couple" and "make sure you have fun money saved up to spend time together" oh and "make sure to get a boat because that brings the family together :)"
Can't wait to see him and everyone soon.
I have such love and respect for that man... He is the greatest example to me that life gets better with age! 

No comments:
Post a Comment
{please comment so we know you have stopped by}