6.28.2011

door county {mini vacay}





Last week Scotty planned a little getaway for us up north in Door County to celebrate him being done with boards/our 3 yr anniversary. It was a much needed break and so nice to have my husband back all to myself :) We stayed a couple nights at the cutest bed and breakfast in Sturgeon Bay.


Here are is a picture of the Scofield family... I kept joking that one of them would visit us in the middle of the night. K I wasn't really joking. It was our first time at a b&b and I seriously was freaked out that it would be haunted. But it was actually very nice and we would definitely go back!








We spent the first evening walking around Sturgeon Bay (population around 9000) We went to a fun candy shop and they had the best superman ice cream ever... I felt like I was 5 again lol. There was a jazz/folk concert at the park and it was nice to relax and people watch (esp after crazy girls camp- Scotty picked me up that afternoon from camp and we drove straight there.) Side note: girls camp was a blast. It rained basically the entire time I was up there but at least we weren't attacked my mesquites and heat! I love my young women and its easily my favorite calling.





























One the second day we head to Cove Point and Peninsula State Park. We hung out that night in Fish Creek (population 800) its the most tourist town to visit so we had a blast going to all the "just for fun" stores and eating yummy food.




We spent the last day driving around the peninsula and hitting up all the cool antique stores. We got some awesome finds. Of course we had to check out Gramdma Tommys country store and get their famous cherry salsa. We ate lunch in Egg Creek at this delish fish restaurant on the shore. We had a great time :) We are looking forward to going back in the Fall... we hear its a must see and even more gorgeous.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE VACAY! Looks like you two had a blast. Geez... Mike and I need to move out of Utah. There are too many places we haven't been!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love mini vacations! It's so nice to get a break and get away even if its just for a little while. Yay for your anniversary AND Boards being over! :)

    ReplyDelete

{please comment so we know you have stopped by}